Owning My Story Workshop
People make meaning out of their lives through the stories they hear about themselves and how they frame their experiences. This workshop aims to help its participants gain agency over their stories and how they are told.
The Owning My Story Narrative Building Workshop allows participants to uncover personal limiting beliefs and identify opportunities to reframe their self-talk for more positive outcomes. Participants will walk away from the workshop with an ability to:
- Articulate their vision
- Identify their values
- Confidently share their personal journey
Discussion Topics Include:
- The Cultural Significance of Storytelling
- Identity Forming Through Stories
- The Transformative Nature of Stories
- The Power of Reframing
Personal Writing Topics Include:
- What's your story?
- What do you value?
- Who do you want to be?
The course is designed to give participants a mix of personal time to explore the concepts that are presented in addition to group discussions to collectively unpack experiences and rebuild their individual narratives. Each workshop is customized based on the type of organization we are working with and the unique needs of the participants.
Participants will walk away from this workshop with the ability to:
- Demonstrate agency over their personal narrative
- Confidently own who they are, where they come from and the direction in which they are headed
- Frame perceived failures or set backs as opportunities for growth and development
- Identify their personal vision and values
- Clearly express how their experiences transfer to relevant environments including Employment Opportunities, College Admissions and Entrepreneurial Ventures